WELCOME CLASS OF 2017
Class President: Jasmine Ramirez
Class Vice President: Carlos Zea
Class Name: The Legacies
Class Quote: "The best way to predict the future is to create it"- Abraham Lincoln
Class Song: Don't Stop Believin - Journey
Class Colors: Baby Blue, Black, White
Upcoming 8th Grade Activities (Dates subject to change)
- 8th Grade Assembly: October 11, 2016
- PSAT 8/9: October 19, 2016
- Turkey Bowl (Eligibility-Fall 15 week progress report card): November 17, 2016 *Click for Cheer Video 1 and Cheer Video 2
- Gown Measurements: January 20, 2017
- Pin and Ribbon Ceremony (Eligibility-TO BE DETERMINED): TO BE DETERMINED
- Panorama Pictures: February 7, 2017
- Career Fair: February 24, 2017
- Talent Show/Breakfast (Eligibility-Fall 20 week Final report card AND Spring 10 week progress report card): March 24, 2017
- Basketball Game (Eligibility-Fall 20 week Final report card AND Spring 15 week progress report card) : May 5, 2017
- Semi Formal Dance (Eligibility-Fall 20 week Final report card AND Spring 18 week progress report card): June 2, 2017
- Awards Night: June 8, 2017
- Culmination: June 12, 2017
- Jr. Grad Night (PTSA SPONSORED EVENT): Date May 19, 2017
To earn a Certificate of Completion, students will be evaluated on the marks earned in eighth grade.
- In 8th grade, students will earn five credits for each semester course in English/ELD, Math, Social Studies, Science, Physical Education and Elective with a mark of “D” or better
- Students MUST earn 50 credits out of the possible 60 credits to be eligible for a Certificate of Completion.
To be eligible to participate in 8th grade activities AND culmination exercises, a student must meet the above requirements AND all of the additional following requirements:
- No FAILS in the 8th Grade on either the FALL or SPRING Final Report Cards.
- Maintain satisfactory marks in work habits and cooperation
- Have no more than two (2) U’s (unsatisfactory) marks in Cooperation for the eighth grade year.
- Have no more than two (2) U’s (unsatisfactory) marks in Work Habits for the eighth grade year.
- Maintain satisfactory citizenship and attendance
- May have no more than a total of one (1) suspension in the eighth grade year.
- No more than seven (7) unexcused tardies to class including Homeroom, in the FALL semester.
- No more than seven (7) unexcused tardies to class including Homeroom, in the SPRING semester.
- No unexcused/uncleared absences.
- No more than seven (7) full-day absences of any kind per semester. (Medical and extraordinary circumstances will be reviewed by a committee.)
- Must clear all debts (textbooks, library, student store or any other debt).